What Is On This Site?
- There are several types of opinions collected on this site.
- Opinions about a given lens (28mm f/2.8 SMC-M for example)
- Comparisons among lenses of a given type (28mm for example)
- Opinions about a class of lenses (Portrait Lenses)
- Focus is be on single lenses and comparison among similar
- Most entries are on Pentax lenses, but there are a very few
cases where there is only one Pentax lens of its type, and there
are frequent discussions about alternatives from other
manufacturers. I only include very little of the discussion on
other lenses here, however.
This is a labor of love, not a paid job, and I have little love
for off-brand lenses. However good they may be.
- Help wanted! You may notice, when you start using the
main (upper left) index, that there are a two types of "Links"
represented. The first group point to sections in the index lower
on the left side. The second group point to the General
discussions. I would like to have an answer to the question: "what
is the best middle range Pentax zoom for a new SLR user?" I would
appreciate some volunteer help with thisand similar questions.
- More Help Wanted! This site only covers Pentax K-Mount
lenses. I have nothing against the very fine screw-mount lenses
(M-42) which Pentax made for many years. If somebody wants to
compile similar opinions and discussions on some of those lens, I
would be happy to host them here. I just don't have the time to do
those as well.